Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pet Pride ~ Yo, it's Marvin!

Hey guys, it's me Marvellous Marvin. My older fat caretaker has been working a lot so I haven't been able to post. She's been painting and staining this place that is not only a bed & breakfast but also the local SPCA. Every day I wait patiently for her to come home from work and rather than feeding me and my roommate, Scaredy-cat Kayley she blabs on about the newest arrivals at the SPCA, how cute they are and how if she only had more room or didn't think she'd be called "that crazy cat lady" she'd adopt them. No where in the conversation does she say "hey guys, what do you think about adding a few more fury friends to our family?" No, it's "oh they are so cute, you should see them, they would be such a nice addition" as she absent-mindedly fills our dishes with Iam's Mature Cat Formula cat food (which means I am going to have to make the rounds of the neighbourhood cat doors to find some canned cat food!)
The older, fat caretaker says I am putting on too much weight, duh, look who's calling the cat fat! She doesn't eat "light" dry boring food with nothing on it, noooo, she has fresh caught spring salmon fillets that policeman from across the street brings over every time he goes fishing, with a lemon butter sauce, or boneless chicken breasts sauteed with chanterelle mushrooms and fresh asparagus or halibut souffle to die for and she has the audacity to say I'm getting fat! Not only that, when she thinks I'm not looking she puts a dallup of that choice wet cat food into Miss Scaredy-cat Kayley's dish because she says I eat all her food so she deserves something a little special....what's with that? Is my fault she eats like a bird and leaves food in her dish? Then today she comes home from shopping and she is chattering on about the cutest little thing she has ever seen. I'm sitting on her lap, purring and giving her my undivided attention and she is madly downloading these pictures of this cutest little thing! Now really, it really isn't that cute? Oh well, as long as it doesn't come home with her I guess it's ok! Have a great week buds and why not come and visit my other friends at PET PRIDE

17 comments:

Glennis said...

Marvin, you do have a lot to say for a puttytat, obviously there is a certain amount of favoritism at your house but at least your not expected to go out and catch your own furry meals.
Its true that .... um puppy, (we won't say dog) is quite cute but he is not a cat is he, so don't worry. Your Mum is a cat person.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Marvin ~ I think you really enjoy weaving a story! A nd you do it so well! Enjoyed the collection of photos, but you are still top cat!

Jo said...

Hi Marvin;) you are a garrulous lad. Thanks for letting us know what's up in your household. Not a bad spot at all. I love your sunny veranda and the lovely garden you get to play in. I can see you enjoy lolling around there all day waiting for your kindhearted caretaker to come home to you and Scaredy-Kat. A tip: when your caretaker is enjoying her salmon or halibut, why not sit at her elbow and look into her eyes? She's sure to give you a taste. You're a beautiful lad and who can resist you? (((Hugs))) All 8 the Hedges Cats in South Africa

Cedar ... said...

Marvin,.... Middy here,.. I know how tough it can be living with humans. I know that my human is going camping today and won't be home for four days. She's leaving me her nightgown to sleep on, four big dishes of dry (yuk) cat food and lots of water. I'll just have to go catch a mouse and leave it's head for her to step on. hee hee.....

lv2scpbk said...

I love your porch. I'd like to have a big porch like that. Anyway, cute photos of the dog and cats.

Jenn Jilks said...

How fun a story that is!~ Nicely done.

Sylvia K said...

Great shots, Marvin! Well, for a cat, you understand. I think that puppy is pretty cute myself, wouldn't mind having him for a playmate -- but then anything would be better than big old Mojo!!
Sam Schnauzer

Janie said...

Poor Marvin. Surely you sho uld get some of that delicious canned cat food, or at least a bit of Mom's salmon.
And that cute puppy has some nerve, making nice with Mom. It is kind of cute, though, don't you think?

ms toast burner said...

lol!

:-)

Lorac said...

Poor Marvin. Time to work on your laying on the guilt trip! Spend more time with Mom and purr like there is no tomorrow! That will get her mind off the lovely little puppy that I would love to take home and let him run in my huge yard and.. Ooh sorry! Yeah, you got it going on Marvin!

James said...

Marvin is so cute and if he plays his cards right he will be the leader of the pack.
Great post!

mrsnesbitt said...

Loved this!
Dxx

Anonymous said...

Well Marvin - we actually live with a crazy cat lady and have lots of us around. Be careful your mom does't bring home lots of other kitties - you won't get so much attention!

Dianne said...

Marivn, my brother!
I feel your pain

my fat caretaker is a bit off her rocker as well
and my older sister gets all the love

it ain't easy is it?

love
Siren

Deborah Godin said...

Marvin, that was a great long tale you told! The cat didn't have YOUR tongue (sorry, couldn't resist). You have such an interesting routine. I tried to get one of my furry guys interested in your photo, but since it wasn't moving, he fell asleep on my lap...

Tammie Lee said...

cute cute cute indeed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin