Friday, July 09, 2010

SkyWatch Friday ~ Changing Weather

Heading up the coast from Skidegate/Queen Charlotte, Skiass Island(prounounced "sky ass"!)
I finally got my computer back (no worse for wear and bless computer techs!) and a camera however my ten days without all my tech stuff showed me how much time I was spending on the computer.  I actually read two books and we got the walls up on the cabin. The time really gets away on me!!!  Anyway, the weather has been clear and hot the past couple of days but there is change in the sky.
 It was still warm when I got home so we headed out for a swim in the ocean at 10 p.m. with a beautiful sunset evolving.
The ocean is warm and very refreshing as we slip through unusually warm temperatures for these islands...but you won't hear me complaining!
Heading back after our swim at 10:28 p.m.....the days are getting shorter!
And change is on the horizon....looking northwest.
For other great skies from around the world why not join us at

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new header pic, love Sky Ass island and seeing BC Ferries, well it's all making me feel terribly homesick for BC.

Was chatting to Vancouver friends last night and two more friends are moving to the West End of the city. My favourite spot and while I'm happy for them, it makes me sad not to be there too.

A visit is surely on the cards.

LadyFi said...

What fabulous shots. Love the hazy pastel colours of the sky.

Gaelyn said...

Your sunset skies look like a watercolor painting.

It's true, I spend way too much time on the computer. Unless I just go away from home.

Kim, USA said...

Oh my with that place I think I have to take a time off from the computer hehe. Happy weekend!

SWF~Sunset

Unknown said...

what beautiful scenes...love the pastel sky.

Janie said...

Your photos are grand, as always. I love the first pic of the little island.

ms toast burner said...

Sky-ass Island... lol! Oh, I love it... I will have to move there. :-)

me said...

Oh that is beautiful, I love that first photo. Thanks for visiting my blog

Pearl Maple said...

Beautiful photos the pastel tones add such a lovely texture the the view.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful series of photos. the scenery and sky are just gorgeous! Happy skywatching!

Marion said...

Our weather often comes from Haida Gwaii and today we have those clouds and rain in the forecast. We've had dry thunderstorms, but no rain for awhile. It's so very dry here in the Cariboo, so it's really nice to visit here and see the photos of the ocean. And I've noticed the days are getting shorter, as well...

Linda said...

I know, the evenings are getting darker here too. No longer possible to read outside at 10.30 pm.

Even tho a change in your weather is coming, those subtle streaky skies are beautiful.

BraCom said...

Beautiful Sky Watch photo

Bram

Vicki Delany said...

Great pictures, Carolyn. Makes one want to be there.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin