Monday, April 19, 2010

My World Tuesday ~ Jailed

I travelled to Ottawa Monday arriving late and ending up in the local jail.
This 150 year old facility has housed some of Ottawa's most dangerous criminals, the last hanging being in 1862 (thank goodness)!
I was lucky, I could have spent the night here...
instead I was lead to my cell on the 4th floor!
As I looked for an escape route I realized there was no way out except by doing my time!
Solitary confinement in Cell 3
A 6'x6' space with three foot walls and iron "finger breaking" doors.
Intimidating from the inside and the outside
I decided to do my time peacefully
so I could meet this special man....
Grandson Hudson Daniel, 35 days young, thanks Mom and Dad for such a special man!
And thanks to the amazing International Hostel of Ottawa for the accommodation!***

To visit other special places from around the world join us at
and remember you can click on any photo to enlarge for more detail.
***An International Hostel Membership costs $35.00/year and gives you amazing accommodation like this for as little as $25.00/night(Vancouver during the Olympics had prime space for $35.00/night) plus discounts like 25% off all Greyhound travel plus much more. 

10 comments:

Martha Z said...

A beautiful child and an interesting place to do your time. A very creative use for and historic building. Great post.

Sylvia K said...

What a fun, delightful post and great photos, Carolyn! And your grandson is beautiful! I know how happy you are! Enjoy! And have a wonderful week1

Sylvia

Jim said...

That's really interesting.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

thanks for showing us a little bit about your corner of the world today....sounds like a nice place to hang out briefly :)

DeniseinVA said...

A beautiful grandson, congratulations! I enjoyed all your photos, the prison is a formidable looking place and these were great photos!

Susan Ellis said...

Beautiful grandson, congratulations1 I've seen the Nicolas Street Jail, but I've never stayed...looks a tad claustrophobic

Pat said...

Congratulations on your newest grandson--what a cutie. I laughed when I realized that you really did stay in jail!

Powell River Books said...

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (or so it goes). I just finished June Cameron's book 26 Feet to the Charlottes. I enjoyed it very much, but don't think we'll be trying it in our 24' Bayliner. But we will come some day, probably by ferry. - Margy

Meandering Michael said...

Aww! What a great shot of the two of you.

Did you meet any of the jail's/hostel's ghosts?

Linda said...

What a gorgeous wee man! Congratulations all round.

Your jail episode gave me a shiver.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin