Friday, November 04, 2011

SkyWatch Friday ~ Morning Skies

Each morning I wake and if it is not raining or blowing too hard I take myself out to my meditation bench about 50 steps from my cabin.
Even though there is a temporary protected porch on the cabin
the bench on the dune always draws me that extra few steps...
 to witness the beginning of a new day
 and another
 and another
and another.
Each different and each so beautiful!
 Some of you have asked about the progress of the cabin......all I can say is slow and sometimes very frustrating!
The stove is a tiny but very efficient Jotul, the floor is 11/2" tongue and groove pine with a built in ceramic tile stove pad.  This was the first fire!
The insulation is here, the outside is sided, wiring is in for solar power and wind power
the scaffolding sits waiting for the pine siding to be milled and plained so sometimes I sleep out here and sometimes I come out and vent my frustration with a glass of wine and a warm fire....the stove needs to be broken in!!!
For more beautiful skies from around the world why not join us at

13 comments:

Judy said...

The first photo is my favourite, by a mile! I just love the traces of colour in the sky, with the mug settled in the frost!! The other skies are great, too, but that one is special!!

Unknown said...

Oh my your place is gorgeous. To see this natural beauty all the time makes any person happy. ^_^ Happy weekend!

SWF

The Write Girl said...

What beautiful images. So calming and reflective. The first shot with the mug is spectacular. What a gorgeous view to drink the morning in!

Gaelyn said...

The cabin is coming along, although I'm sure not fast enough. Love your meditation bench when it's not raining and the morning views are spectacular. Can't beat the heat from a wood stove.

Powell River Books said...

Thanks for the cabin update. I've been wondering about it. Your meditation bench sounds so wonderful. I know what you mean about views always changing, even though the place stays the same. I never tire of our view out over the water to Goat Island. Have a coffee (or better yet a glass of wine) for me. - Margy

Jeannelle said...

Gorgeous sky and sea scenes. Happy skywatching!

MyMaracas said...

I love that mug shot, and your cabin looks like a wonderful place to be. The wood stove and the bench must feel like ports in a storm.

This is my first time here - I came in through your comment and SkyWatch. (Thanks for stopping by!) Great blog. I'll be back.
:-)

Avril said...

Your photos are amazing!! Such beauty and peace!! Lovely !

Thanks for your comment - I shall be dropping by again to your blog .. and watch the progress of your cabin! Love your bench!

Nancy said...

How interesting! I will definitely have to backtrack to pick up more of your story. I'm intrigued! :)

Gorgeous photos, btw. Hope you are having a warm and cozy weekend.

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Scattering said...

Hi Carolyn, simply LOVE that first shot - wow!

Pierre BOYER said...

Enjoy quiet life....


Pierre

Marion said...

All of your photos are stunning! I love that meditation bench...it would be my favourite place on that fantastic beach!

Your cabin is going to be beautiful. It already has the bones to be so...love that Jotul stove! So efficient.

I thought of you this morning as I witnessed an amazing sunrise. I imagined you in your cabin watching it over the ocean...xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin